Need to improve your POSTURE? Feeling stiff and inFLEXIBLE ? Wanting to manage your BACK pain?
Pilates Is For You!
Pilates is a unique form of exercise which works by focusing on strengthening the deeper postural muscles of the body to give a strong centre of support from which to move. It strengthens the body from the inside out. Pilates is well know for its core strength work but other benefits include:
- A More flexible spine, reducing back pain or the chances of suffering from back pain.
- Improved POSTURE, feeling taller, leaner and more toned.
- Reduction of tension in the body, giving a greater sense of well being.
- Greater Body awareness, increased self confidence.
- Healthy movement of all the joints.
- Better Balance and coordination, less chance of falling and causing an injury.
- Increased flexibility to enjoy everyday activities.
- Improved performance in sports and other activities.
Dawn has been teaching mat based Pilates classes in Herefordshire since 2011 after training with the Pilates Institute. She is a level 3 registered Fitness Instructor (REPS Membership no. R0078747).
Pilates is taught in different ways. Dawn uses a clinical approach to teaching, which means she assists people with their techniques, using hands on corrections, and offers alternative modified moves where appropriate, to ensure each person gets the maximum benefit from each move. Moves are taught in coordination with breathing and people work at their own pace and level.
Dawn is qualified in GP Exercise Referral (2012) and her classes are suitable for people looking for a remedial form of exercise following injury or illness , as well as those wanting to improve their fitness levels to maintain a healthy, balanced body or to enhance sporting performances.
The health and fitness industry is rapidly changing, with new discoveries being made all the time about how the body works . As a professional fitness instructor Dawn is committed to her own continuing development and regularly updates her knowledge by attending training courses, workshops and conferences. This ensures she can offer her class members teaching based on current practice techniques, and a Pilates experience which is creative, challenging and varied.
Training courses include;
- Biomechanics Education (Nov 2016)
- Barre Pilates (Oct 2016)
- Pelvic Floor Function and dysfunction (Dec 2015)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (Oct 2015)
- The art of touch. Pure Moves. (June 2015)
- Pilates for breast cancer survivors . Modern Pilates (May 2015)
- Michael King Pilates, Technique Training weekend, (April 2015)
- APPI conference. Heathrow. (Nov 2014)
- Stability ball (Aug 2014). Modern Pilates
- Spinal conditions (Jan 2014). Modern Pilates
One-one personal training sessions are also available, offering a personalized program of moves, to suit individual postural needs. More details available on request. If you’d like to join a class you can find details on this site or contact Dawn on 01568 615239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org